Re: [Xen-devel] [RFT] x86/pvh: disable all MTRR CPU features on cpuid for dom0

El 27/03/15 a les 0.33, Luis R. Rodriguez ha escrit:
> From: "Luis R. Rodriguez" <mcgrof@xxxxxxxx>
>
> Commit 586ab6a by Roger disabled the main MTRR CPU feature
> on the cpuid when on pvh in order to avoid having MTRR code
> run on the OS on dom0. This missed the fact that not all CPUs
> use this cpuid to identify MTRR support, this complets that.
>
> This could in theory fix some potential issues where MTRR
> code was previously enabled, for instance running cat /proc/mtrr
> on a Linux system where MTRR was actually disabled.

AFAICT we will never support PVH on those CPU types, so I'm not sure if
it's worth disabling it. AMD K6, Centaur and VIA chips don't have the
necessary hardware extensions to allow running PVH guests.

Roger.