Re: [Xen-devel] domU jiffies not incrementing - timer issue? - Kernel 3.18.10 on Xen 4.5.0

Hi,Â

I have an issue where domUs will hang at boot if CONFIG_XOR_BLOCKS is enabled.

This is a PV domU on Xen which is running inside a Hyper-V virtual machine.

âDid you try to run Xen on native machine instead of using the nested virtualization? â

We have another installation (different hardware) working without any issues.

Does Xen run in nested virtualization or on bare Âmetal in this case?

As far as I know, the scheduler in Xen may not be aware of the nested virtualization. I'm guessing the uncontinuous time below Xen in nested virtualization may affect the scheduling decision and then make some domU starving.Â
But it's weird that a domU is never scheduled...Â
(When I run Xen on virtual box, domU is slow but still running)
So I'm unsure if it's the scheduler issue or not...

Meng