Re: [Xen-devel] about cr3 register

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 3:37 PM, HANNAS YAYA Issa
<issa.hannasyaya@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
> I am working on memory management in xen. I encounter a problem that I hope
> you can help me to solve it.
> I modified the struct mmu_update in xen and linux source code. I add two
> fields cr3 and addr which respectively contains the current cr3 value and
> the current address of the process associated with the pte to be updated.
> the struct mmu_update is sent to the hyervisor via hypercall
> HYPERVISOR_do_mmu_update.
>
> In the handler of this hypercall (I mean do_mmu_update) when I read the
> value of cr3 via the method read_cr3 it is different from the value I stored
> before in the struct mmu_update. I wonder why?

Without your code there is absolutely no hope of us figuring out
what's going on; and in any case, it's not really our job to debug
your code.  If you have a specific question about the code that's
in-tree, please ask it.

This may also be helpful:

http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Asking_Developer_Questions

(Your last question was closer to being answerable, FWIW.)

 -George