Re: [Xen-devel] Testing Xen 4.5 and PCI/VGA Passthrough - my regression was fixed

>> While I didn't tested a lot, nearly everything seems to be working. The only
>> discovered two issues are:
>> It may be just placebo, but I think that the DomU takes a bit more time
>> while booting, and also after I shut down it from inside. With xl list, I
>> see that it stays around 20 secs or so after the SDL Window closes in Dom0,
>> first with the normal DomU name, then with (null) for some seconds before
>> dissapearing from xl list. At that point I can create that DomU again. I
>> think it used to take less time previously, but I could be wrong, I don't
>> reboot this DomU often since things were rock solid for months of usage.
>> I also noticed that the Monitor connected to the Intel IGP, which is
>> controlled by Dom0, ocassionally black screens like if it was entering Sleep
>> Mode, then inmediately shows the X.org desktop again after a second or two.
>> It did that even when I was actively using the DomU. However, I confirmed
>> than that is actually Sleep Mode, since at least once, the Monitor had the
>> screen off with the power on light flashing, then turned on after moving the
>> Mouse. Its rare since I don't recall ever seeing that Monitor entering Sleep
>> Mode with Xen 4.3. The problem is that I was not able to reproduce what
>> generates activity, or know the delay before entering Sleep Mode (Basically,
>> if it enters Sleep while I'm Idle in the DomU, or if I need to Ctrl + Alt to
>> Dom0 and leave Idle there instead of inside a DomU), to know if its working
>> as intended. Turning off then on is not normal, but until knowing what
>> generates activity, it could be bad timming.

After one day of "production" usage, I must add: The Monitor that is connected
to the IGP that Dom0 has control of, tries consistently to enter Sleep Mode.
I'm currently using a single DomU, and when I'm actively using it, every a few
minutes the Monitor black screens, then either enters sleep, or wakes up
inmediately. If at the moment it black screens I move the Mouse or use the
Keyboard (Which is very probable, since chances are it will try to do so while
I'm playing a game), the screen returns inmediately, but if I don't do
anything, it enters sleep. What is weird is that I interrupt it nearly always
before the screen powers off. It seems like what I'm doing in the DomU doesn't
reset the Dom0 activity counter, so it thinks its on Idle and the Monitor
enters Sleep Mode, yet still DomU input usage does work for waking it up,
reason why I can interrupt when it black screens just before powering off the
screen and entering sleep. Still, this on/sleep cycle is rather annoying.
I don't recall if it happens on Xen 4.4 because I barely used it. It didn't
happened with Xen 4.3. Since in Dom0 the only thing that I did was uninstalling
the older Xen and installing the new one, I suppose it has to be either Xen
itself, or some of the associated systemd services (The xen package had custom
systemd support before it was officially integrated for 4.5, and it switched).
If someone has any ideas for figuring out the actual cause, and how to fix it,
I'm all ears.