Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.6 Development Update (three months reminder)

On Tue, 2015-04-14 at 11:37 +0100, Wei Liu wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 01:34:45PM +0300, Razvan Cojocaru wrote:
> > On 04/14/2015 01:27 PM, wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > *  VM event patches (none)
> > >    Add support for XSETBV vm_events,
> > >    Support hybernating guests
> > >    Support for VMCALL-based vm_events
> > >   -  Razvan Cojocaru
> >
> > These depend on Tamas' Clean-up of mem-event subsystem series (which
> > hasn't been applied in its entirety). If you prefer, I can apply Tamas'
> > patches manually on a fresh Xen mainline copy and start sending out our
> > patches built on top of that.
> >
> > What do you think?
> >

> This email is just a general reminder of our development cycle.
>
> There is no need to rush IMHO. You still have several months.

More generally though it is find IMHO to send out a series which depends
on another so long as the 00/NN email clearly explains what it needs to
be applied on top of (i.e. a reference to the specific version of the
other series).

You should omit that other tree when posting, by passing git send-email
the correct range to just send your own stuff.

And under such circumstances it might also be a good idea to also
include a git url, to make it easier for people to pickup the right set
of things.

Ian.