Re: [Xen-devel] memaccess: skipping mem_access_send_req

On Fri, 2015-04-10 at 16:23 +0100, Julien Grall wrote:
> Hi Razvan,
>
> On 10/04/15 16:11, Razvan Cojocaru wrote:
> > It's not entirely clear to me what you're trying to do, but if I
> > understand it correctly, there's always the third option of simply using
> > the vm_event system as it is now, and when you get an EPT violation
> > event simply use xc_hvm_inject_trap() from userspace to inject the
> > exception.
>
> xc_hvm_inject_trap is not implemented on ARM.
>
> Also, looking to the function, most of the traps and arguments are x86
> specific.

If we need similar behaviour then we should probably implement
HVMOP_inject_trap for ARM, though, not invent another interface.

Perhaps the arg struct needs to become per arch. FWIW I'd do that as
      * s/xen_hvm_inject_trap/xen_hvm_inject_trap_x86
      * #define xen_hvm_inject_trap xen_hvm_inject_trap_x86
      * introduce xen_hvm_inject_trap_arm, change #define to #ifdef tree
        picking the correct one.

Ian.