[Xen-devel] effect of ticks in xen credit scheduler

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: teabe <teabetab@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 11:48:31 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 09:52:21 +0000

Hi,
I am student starting to work with Xen. I am using Xen 4.2.0. I am trying to understand the functioning of the credit scheduler in Xen. I try to modify the scheduler number of ticks per timeslice (form 3 to 1). I wonder that the is no difference in the scheduling of my virtual machines (No change in CPU allocation % and also application performance in the virtual machine). I just wanted to know what is the use of tich during time slice? Why do xen define 3 ticks per timeslice?