Re: [Xen-devel] [Wg-test-framework] osstest outage over the weekend

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 06:40:18 -0400
Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> osstest service user writes ("[qemu-mainline test] 50651: trouble:
> blocked/broken"):
> > flight 50651 qemu-mainline real [real]
> > http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/50651/
> >
> > Failures and problems with tests :-(
> >
> > Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
> > including tests which could not be run:
> >  build-armhf-xsm               3 host-install(3)    broken REGR. vs. 50391
> >  build-armhf                   3 host-install(3)    broken REGR. vs. 50391
> >  build-i386-pvops              3 host-install(3)    broken REGR. vs. 50391
> >  build-amd64-xsm               3 host-install(3)    broken REGR. vs. 50391
> >  build-i386-xsm                3 host-install(3)    broken REGR. vs. 50391
> >  build-amd64-pvops             3 host-install(3)    broken REGR. vs. 50391
> >  build-amd64                   3 host-install(3)    broken REGR. vs. 50391
> >  build-i386                    3 host-install(3)    broken REGR. vs. 50391
> >  build-armhf-pvops             3 host-install(3)    broken REGR. vs. 50391
>

> This was due to our contractors / hardware suppliers making an
> ill-advised change to the DHCP server configuration, which I have now
> reverted.
>
> All jobs started between some time around 2100 UTC on Friday and
> around 1030 UTC today failed in this way.  The effect on individual
> flights can be mixed and depends on the period during which the flight
> was running.
>

> Don: This is a live, production system.  Please do not make ANY
> changes with global effect, no matter how minor, without prior
> consultation.

Sorry. I had gotten the impression that you had some other tool that was
handling the DHCP addresses for the test machines. I guess what you meant
(and I misinterpreted) was that it was handling figuring out which addresses
were handed out to which machines. As a result, I thought that the dhcp
server wasn't really in the production loop.

I will refrain from modifying it from here on.

-d