Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.6 Development Update (three months reminder)

(Thanks for trimming the CC list before hand)

On Mon, May 04, 2015 at 02:05:49PM +0800, Yu, Zhang wrote:
> Hi Wei,

Hello.

>   This is Zhang Yu from Intel graphic virtualization team. Previously in Xen
> hackathon, Paul and I mentioned that there're several patch series for XenGT
> that need to be tracked on Xen 4.6.
>   Here, I'd like to confirm with you about these patchsets:
>   1> 16-byte MMIO emulation fix â owned by Paul;

Could you explain a bit why this is needed? AIUI it's just a latent
bug that discovered by this particular usecase, right? In other words,
not really a regression introduced by ioreq server.

>   2> Ioreq server refactor â owned by Yu;
>   3> The PV IOMMU â owned by Malcolm; This one may not be completed in Xen
> 4.6, but a basic feature(to return a BFN which equals the MFN when IOMMU is
> 1:1 mapped or is disabled), might be necessary in this release.
>   So could we also add separate tracks for these patches(I noticed the 3rd
> is already mentioned in your mail)?  :-)

I tend to track only big feature items. Non-blocking bugs and small
refactoring are not  tracked.

The first one needs to be actively tracked if it's a regression.  I
already track the third one since it's a big feature.

Wei.