Re: [Xen-devel] [win-pv-devel] Question about windows domU long boot time in xen and help for update libxl virtio patch (for a test)

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 03:53:44PM +0200, Fabio Fantoni wrote:

[...]

> Can someone help me about virtio disks support in libxl please?
>
> After this reply about seabios seems can be useful try virtio:
> http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2015-05/msg01257.html
>
> Thanks for any reply and sorry for my bad english.

Porting that patch to nowadays Xen requires certain amount of effort.
And I'm not sure I want it merged now because virtio on Xen has not been
standardised -- there was effort but now it seems to be stalled. In the
end this patch is going to be outdated again and porting effort wasted.

Another thing is that virtio might be faster when *vm is booting* but
it's not necessary faster when *vm is running*.

So I would rather we figure out a way to make Seabios enable those
options or teach our toolstack to enable the right option for qemu (if
that can be done).

Wei.