Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC 00/22] xen/arm: Add support for GICv2 on GICv3

Hi Julien,

On Fri, May 08, 2015 at 02:29:21PM +0100, Julien Grall wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This patch series adds support for GICv2 on GICv3. This feature is available
> only when the GICv3 hardware is compatible with GICv2.
>
> When it's the case, the same interface is provided in order to use a
> virtualize
> GIC v2 (i.e GICC and GICV). That will allow us to re-use same vGIC drivers.
>
> Currently GIC and vGIC drivers are tight because of the domain initialization
> splitted between GIC and vGIC. This patch series intends to remove this
> dependency in order to make the vGIC driver agnostic of the GIC driver.
>
> The series is divided as follow:
>     - #1...#2: vGIC clean up
>     - #3...#5: GICv3 clean up
>     - #6..#10: GICv2 clean up
>     - #11.#15: Hip04 clean up. Based on the GICv2 patches #6..#10
>     - #16.#20: Dissociate vGIC and GIC drivers. The vGIC could be use
>     with any drivers now.
>     - #21    : Allow the user to choose the GIC version emulated for the
>     guest
>     - #22    : Add support of GICv2 on GICv3
>
> It has been tested on the ARMv8 Foundation Model with GICv2 and GICv3
> and changing the vGIC version emulated for the guest (only for GICv3 host).
>
> A branch with all the patches can be found here:
>
>     git://xenbits.xen.org/people/julieng/xen-unstable.git branch
> gicv2-on-gicv3
>
> Note that there is one patch more due to dependency on another series [1].
>
> Comments, suggestion, testing are welcomed.

I have just tested these patches on my board with GICv3. It looks good for me.
(I have created a domU with "gic_version='v2'" and one with "gic_version='v3'".
Both of them can be successfully booted.)

I think you can add 'Tested-and-Acked-by: Chen Baozi <baozich@xxxxxxxxx>' to
those patches related to GICv3 or common codes. (I haven't test it on my OMAP5
board and have no gic-hip04 device.)

Cheers,

Baozi.