Re: [Xen-devel] Xen/arm: Virtual ITS command queue handling

On Fri, 2015-05-15 at 14:24 +0100, Julien Grall wrote:
> Hi Ian,

> >> In the 1 vITS solution no, it's only necessary to add a new gic define
> >> for the gic_version field in xen_arch_domainconfig.
> >
> > Would we expose a vITS to guests on a host which has no pITS at all?
>
> No, Xen will check if we can support vITS. See an example with my "GICv2
> on GICv3" series. Obviously, we don't allow vGICv3 on GICv2.

Did you mean to refer to "arm: Allow the user to specify the GIC
version" or some other part of that series?

I suppose you are proposing a new flag vits=yes|no passed as part of the
domain config which Xen can then update to indicate yes or no? Or is
there more to it than that? Could Xen not equally well expose nr_vits
back to the tools?

Ian.