Re: [Xen-devel] [linux-next test] 56810: regressions - FAIL

On Thu, 2015-05-21 at 15:58 +0200, Roger Pau Monnà wrote:
> El 21/05/15 a les 4.40, osstest service user ha escrit:
> > flight 56810 linux-next real [real]
> > http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/56810/
> >
> > Regressions :-(
> >
> > Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
> > including tests which could not be run:
> >  test-amd64-i386-rumpuserxen-i386 15
> > rumpuserxen-demo-xenstorels/xenstorels.repeat fail REGR. vs. 56718
> >
> > Regressions which are regarded as allowable (not blocking):
> >  test-armhf-armhf-libvirt     11 guest-start               fail REGR. vs.
> > 56718
> >  test-amd64-i386-freebsd10-i386  9 freebsd-install              fail like
> > 56718
> >  test-amd64-i386-freebsd10-amd64  9 freebsd-install             fail like
> > 56718

> Is there any chance we could bisect this before it makes its way into
> stable kernels?

linux-next isn't fast forwarding so I expect the automatic bisector
won't even try.

I was going to suggest that it may be possible to use a recent
linux-linus result as a baseline for an ad-hoc bisection, by finding one
with a pass on a revision which was an ancestor of 0ebc274769c (that is
the linux-next revision under test here).

But when I went to look I found that this is is already also failing in
linux-linus, and seems to have been for as long as these urls go back to
(which extends to the old Cambridge instance too):

http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/results/history.test-amd64-i386-freebsd10-amd64.linux-next.html
http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/results/history.test-amd64-i386-freebsd10-amd64.linux-linus.html

In fact it seems to have already been broken in

http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/results/history.test-amd64-i386-freebsd10-amd64.linux-3.16.html

The first set of successful tests appear in

http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/results/history.test-amd64-i386-freebsd10-amd64.linux-3.14.html

Figuring this out will probably involve a few adhoc test runs to
establish some baselines and then taking it from there.

Ian.