Re: [Xen-devel] grant tables and driver handshaking

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 07:45:15PM -0600, Linda wrote:
> Hello all,
>     I will be writing a xen front and back-end pair for a 9p transport.  I
> have two areas where I'm still a little more muddled than I'd like to be.
>     Can anyone please recommend a good article on either grant tables or the
> handshaking between the front and back-end drivers, or both?

The handshake protocol needs to be designed by you. Generally speaking
you need to at least advertise the event channel and grant table
references. You also need to advertise other information that you
identify as part of the handshake process.

There is a wiki page on grant table

http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Grant_Table

Wei.