Re: [Xen-devel] libxl backports for 4.4 and 4.5

>>> On 12.06.15 at 11:32, <lars.kurth.xen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ian, Jan,
>
> you seem to be disagreeing, or more likely Ian missed Jan's reply, so I
> wanted to double check.
>
>> Right, but unless really urgent/important I think this is too late for
>> 4.5.1 now and needs to be put on the list of backports for 4.5.2.
>
> Jan, just to clarify, are you saying back porting for 4.4.3 is OK, but 4.5.1
> is too tight?  Looking at the 4 months cadence, 4.4.3 would be sometimes in
> July: so I can live with this as a compromise.
>
> Even though having a released version of Xen which works out of the box with
> OpenStack is pretty important.

The release being stuck anyway, perhaps we can put them in with
the understanding that this time round we'll need at least another
RC. Ian - you know how risky the changes are, please use your
judgment.

(Btw., as to 4.4.3, I don't think I want to kick off that process until
4.5.1 gets out of its stuck state, i.e. as all stable trees are affected
by the underlying problem, I don't want both trees to be hold up half
way through the stable release process.)

Jan