Re: [Xen-devel] PCI Passthrough ARM Design : Draft1

On 16/06/2015 08:02, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
Hello,

El 16/06/15 a les 7.42, Manish Jaggi ha escrit:
[...]
Beware that the 1:1 mapping doesn't fit with the current guest memory
layout which is pre-defined at Xen build time. So you would also have
to make it dynamically or decide to use the same memory layout as the
host.
If same layout as host used, would there be any issue?
I'm not sure that a 1:1 mapping is any different to the host layout. But
in any case, the host layout also doesn't match the guest layout, so it
has the same issues.
There is a domctl on x86 DOMCTL_iomem_permission which looks doing the
same thing as the map_mmio hypercall which I am proposing. I am not sure
if it does a 1:1. Do you have more info on it?

No, this hypercall only sets the permissions of IO memory ranges, but
AFAICT it doesn't touch the p2m at all.

Correct.

--
Julien Grall