Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 58974: regressions - FAIL

On Wed, 2015-07-01 at 21:29 -0700, Meng Xu wrote:
> Hi Dario,

Hi,

> > if you'd b able to have a look at what's
> > happening, that would be awesome. If you don't have time, I will have a
> > look myself, but only in a few days.
> >
> Hmm, this is another bug for RTDS on ARM. :-(
> I don't have an ARM board set up right now. I'm not sure if I can
> run/test it on ARM. I'm curious if this bug is similar with the
> previous lock-related bug of RTDS scheduler on ARM.
> Denys fixed the previous bug at
> http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2015-01/msg03933.html

Yes, it reminded of that one to me too... It likely is something
similar. :-/

I understand you don't have any suitable hardware. Still, if you could
at least have a look at the failure and at the code, and try to provide
an analysis and/or suggest a way for resolving the issue, we'll be glad
to test patches on actual ARM systems.

If you need to look at the Xen (quite likely) and Linux (quite unlikely)
images, e.g., to disassemble it and check what corresponds to the
address where things explode, and similar things, they're available too.

Just look here:
http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/58974/test-armhf-armhf-xl-rtds/info.html

And check what the build jobs, Xen and Linux paths are, in the table at
the bottom. You'll find this:

  buildjob        build-armhf
  xenbuildjob     build-armhf
  xen_kernel_ver  3.16.7-ckt12+

Go to the summary of the flight, which includes build jobs:

 'Flight 58974 scoreboard'
 http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/58974/

Identify and go in that jobs' report:
http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/58974/build-armhf/info.html

And go to:

 'build/ (outputs from build)'
 http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/58974/build-armhf/build/

You'll find the binaries (for Xen, in this case), there.

The only caveat is that you'll need an ARM toolchain, to be able to use,
in this case, arm-elf-objdump and similar tools. The procedure to get
one is distro dependant, but it's not that hard these days (there are
guides on our wiki too).

Dario