Re: [Xen-devel] [v3 12/15] vmx: posted-interrupt handling when vCPU is blocked

On Thu, 2015-07-02 at 08:58 +0000, Wu, Feng wrote:

> [...]
Ok, first of all, thanks for answering! :-)

And yes, this makes sense.

> >  (2) if yes, whether it is TheRightThing(TM) to kick all of them, as
> >      soon as any notification arrives, instead that putting together a
> >      mechanism for kicking only a specific one.
> >
> Why can't we kick all of them, 'desc.on = 1' means there is a pending
> interrupt, when we meet this condition, kicking the related vCPU should
> be the right thing to do.

Right, I see it now. I felt like I was missing something, and that's why
I was asking to you to elaborate a bit more.
Thanks again for having done this. I was missing/forgetting half of the
way desc.on is actually handled, sorry for this.

BTW, I'm finding it hard reading this series from the archives; there
appears to be some threading issues and some missing messages. I also
don't have it in my inbox, because my filters failed to spot and flag it
properly. If you send a new version, please, Cc me, so it will be easier
for me to look at all the patches, and provide a more helpful review.

Thanks and Regards,
Dario