Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 59040: regressions - FAIL

On Mon, 2015-07-06 at 13:33 +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-07-03 at 21:59 +0000, osstest service owner wrote:

> >  test-armhf-armhf-xl-credit2  15 guest-start/debian.repeat fail REGR. vs.
> > 58965
>
> From
> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/results/history/test-armhf-armhf-xl-credit2/xen-unstable.html
>  it appears this one is sporadically unreliable on cubietruck, but works just
> fine on arndale.
>
> Comparing to
> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/results/history/test-armhf-armhf-xl/xen-unstable.html
>
> it looks to be credit2 specific.

Yes, noted... I shall have a look.

From what I recall, failures varies a bit, in terms of what the state of
the system (vcpus active/idle, etc.) when the fail itself happens.

If I'm not confusing this with something else, I've seen instances where
everything was completely idle and instances, like this one, where there
is something going on... As I said, I'll have a look.

> d8v0 has a PC at 0xffff000c, which will be the entry point for the
> prefetch abort handler. ABT_LR shows it came from 0xffff0010 which is
> the data abt handler, which uses the same banked LR as prefetch abt so
> we don't know where it came from.
>
> SVR_LR shows that the last function call done in kernel mode was a call
> to fdt_check_header from early_init_dt_verify, but that might have been
> ages ago.

Thanks for this. My nonexistent knowledge of ARM internals limits by
quite a bit the amount of information that I can extract from this
trace... but this is already something.

I'll ask if there is anything that is ARM specific that I need but can't
figure out.

Regards,
Dario