Re: [Xen-devel] Interested in taking up a project

On Sat, 2015-07-11 at 02:03 +0530, Abhinav Gupta wrote:
> Hi everyone,

Hey, :-)

>   I'm sorry for the late update. Actually I had another  project going
> on in parallel, didn't want to distribute efforts.

Sure, no problem.

> I went through the implementation approach of powerclamp, it controls
> power consumption by managing C states of the core. This was my
> learning so far. Code makes a  little sense to me, I'll need some more
> time to get hands on powerclamp's code ( I'hv no experience with linux
> kernel code). After this I'll start exploring Xen.

Right. Bear in mind that, with respect to this, Linux and Xen are quite
different. Or at least, that's certainly true for scheduling... for
ACPI, there might be similarities due to the fact that ACPI support in
Xen is inspired to Linux one, but I'm no expert in that, so I don't
really know.

The point I wanted to make was, although some understanding on how
things work in Linux, in order to figure out what PowerClamp really
does, is necessary, start focusing on Xen ASAP, as that is your
target! :-)

> @Dario I'll look into how popular it is in the linux world and if
> there are some real popular real space applications built on top of
> it.  I'll put my findings here.

Ok, that would be great.

Thanks and Regards,
Dario