Re: [Xen-devel] Requesting for freeze exception for VT-d posted-interrupts

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 11:09:15AM +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 05:51:02AM +0000, Wu, Feng wrote:
> >> Is it possible to get to 4.6 if making this feature default off?
> >
> > Note that I'm not the only one who makes the decision and I can't speak
> > for maintainers. The first thing you ought to do is to convince
> > maintainers, not me.
> >
> > If you ask for my opinion -- I don't see a point in releasing feature
> > with security flaw in design, even if it is off by default.
>
> It was actually me who suggested that by flagging this experimental
> and defaulting it to off, chances would increase for this to be allowed
> in without said issue fixed.

Are you satisfied with that?  Currently I only know from this email
there is concern with regard to security but I don't know what it is and
how big an impact it can possibly have.

I could maybe go dig up that series and try to understand what is the
security implication, but it would take a long time and I'm not sure I
have the right technical background to make the call.

Wei.