Re: [Xen-devel] [v3 10/15] vt-d: Add API to update IRTE when VT-d PI is used

>>> On 15.07.15 at 10:55, <feng.wu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Can I please ask you to move away from this way of thinking? What
you see in experiments is useful from a functionality pov, but pretty
meaningless from a security perspective. For that, you'd rather start
thinking about what a _malicious_ guest might be doing.

> And I agree I will change this,
> my question is that can we put this a little late, and I can focus on some
> other critical issue before 4.6 is release, which may make more chance for
> this patch to catch up with 4.6. Is this okay for you?

As long as the feature (due to the other issue) remains experimental,
is off by default, and the code has a prominent comment outlining the
intended improvement, I'd be fine, yes.

Jan