Re: [Xen-devel] Requesting for freeze exception for RMRR

The PCI allocation code is in a state, but it was in a similarly bad
state before.  I agree with Jan's point of the risk that these new
changes cause a regression in booting guests, although we can mitigate
that somewhat by testing.

I feel at this point that we shouldn't block the RMRR bugfix on also
fixing the PCI allocation algorithm (which was a pre-existing issue).

Therefore, I recommend that v9 gets respun to v10 to address the current
comments, and accepted.  Afterwards, the PCI allocation algorithm gets
worked on as a bugfix activity, to pro actively cater for the risk of
regression.

If you have any good solution to fix the PCI allocation algorithm completely, things couldn't be better :)

Thanks
Tiejun