Re: [Xen-devel] PV-vNUMA issue: topology is misinterpreted by the guest

On 07/23/2015 03:25 AM, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 22.07.15 at 20:10, <boris.ostrovsky@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't think this is currently doable with what we have for CPUID
support in xl syntax. I am pretty sure we need to at least be able to
specify all leaf 4's indexes. And we can't.

BTW, irrespective of this particular problem, adding support for indexed
CPUID leaves would be a good idea.
So what is it that makes you think this doesn't work already?
xc_cpuid_policy() intentionally has "input" as a pointer,
allowing not just EAX to be specified. And libxl_cpuid.c also
has

static const char *input_names[2] = { "leaf", "subleaf" };

Right. I wasn't aware of this and until I looked at libxl_cpuid_parse_config_xend() I wouldn't have known what the syntax for specifying subleaves is because we don't describe it in xl man page (at least I can't find it).

In which case we may be able to adjust them and see what effect they have.

-boris