Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG][4.5.1]xl cpupool-create segfault (with config file parameter)

On Wed, 2015-08-12 at 13:03 +0200, Benjamin Beier wrote:
> Since xen version 4.5.1 there is a bug with the xl cpupool-create
> command.
> It always throws a segmentation fault when used with a config file as
> parameter.
> The content of the config file does not really matter (valid or invalid).
> It also fails with the example config file in /etc/xen/cpupool or with
> the dryrun flag.
> You never get any output apart from "segmentation fault".
> If you create exactly the same cpupool without using a config file it
> works absolutely fine.
> Tested on multiple systems and it seems to be reproducible for everyone.
> STrace shows that the command fails right after reading the content of
> the config file.

Please can you capture a backtrace by running it under gdb. Valgrind might
also have something interesting to say.

FWIW this doesn't happen on the current development branch:
    # cat foo
    Testing
    # xl cpupool-create foo
    foo:1: config parsing error near `Testing': lexical error
    Failed to parse config file: Invalid argument

But I don't see any obviously related looking fixes in the commit log.

Was 4.5.0 ok?

Ian.