Re: [Xen-devel] Design doc of adding ACPI support for arm64 on Xen - version 2

On 12/08/15 11:36, Andrew Turner wrote:
> Would it be possible to add a stdout property and node for the hvc0
> device? It would help FreeBSD as we use this to find the kernel
> console. We check for the stdout-path, linux,stdout-path, stdout,
> stdin-path, and stdin properties, in that order, with the first
> property selected as the console. If none are found we fall back to
> searching for a serial0 device. You can see how we find the device at
> [1].

the stdout-path property is used by Xen in order to get the UART. The
property will be removed from the device tree passed to DOM0.

The Xen console is not UART a driver so having a property with "hvc"
wouldn't help here.

Although, when running on Xen, FreeBSD is creating a Xen console by
default with the higher priority. It will be grabbed by FreeBSD as the
default one.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall