Re: [Xen-devel] XEN 4.3.4/4.4.3 Dom0 reboot loop with AMD FX-8350/Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3]

>> Hi. As the subject says. Where from I do start debugging it? My kernel
>> boots fine on that machine without XEN.
>>
>> I tried the following command line option:
>> noreboot=true,iommu=1,no-amd-iommu-perdev-intremap
>>
>> OK that stop the loop but how do I get the output so I could see the
>> cause
>> of crash/restart? Screen goes just blank with noreboot=true
>>
>> I do have AMD-Vi/IOMMU enabled in the BIOS. Tried both F1/F2g BIOS but
>> reboot loop still exists.
>>
>> Both XEN's are compiled from source via GIT repo.
>>
>> My kernel is 3.2.68 with grsec. Disabling grsec made now difference.
>>
>> I've attached kern.log.
>
> Since that shows nothing relevant, perhaps the hypervisor log
> has something that indicates the reason? Also - are you in fact
> reaching the kernel (you saying the screen to just go blank with
> "noreboot" suggests you don't)? In which case the question
> arises what kernel log it is that you attached - that of a native
> kernel boot?
>
> And finally - if you already build from git repo, did you (or can
> you) try master instead of 4.3.x / 4.4.x?
>
> Jan

It will never reach the hypervisor ie. fully load to the hypervisor. It
initializes some of /boot/xen.gz and then restart occurs. Text scrolls way
too fast so I can't get anything out of it.

Of course that MB does not have serial port and neither my other computer
so I cannot provide you a log according to
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Serial_Console ...

http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-05/msg00436.html did not
help me much neither :(

PS. I had no issues on my AMD 1090T/Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB but wanted to
try out pass through feature (7970 to VM) with the newer AMD hardware but
experienced nothing but horror so far.