Re: [Xen-devel] tmem vs Xen 4.6

>>> On 27.08.15 at 09:17, <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 12:55:56AM -0600, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> Konrad,
>>
>> I thought I'd remind you of the "some progress per release" criteria
>> to avoid it becoming subject to removal. The most recent changes
>> date back to spring 2014 afaics...
>>

> I think it is a bit too late for any changes to tmem (either improvement
> or removal) to be done in 4.6.

While I agree for the removal part, I tend to disagree for the
improvement one: The code being unsupported/experimental, I
see no reason for isolated changes to go in until pretty late in
the process. As to removal - that would kick in after the release
only anyway, as only then we know that the established criteria
of doing at least some work for each release was not met.

Jan