Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC v2 for-4.6 0/2] In-tree feature documentation

Andrew Cooper writes ("Re: [RFC v2 for-4.6 0/2] In-tree feature documentation"):
> On 27/08/15 15:52, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > I do wonder whether cross-referencing all the "issues" is a good idea.
> > It seems like it might be a lot of work to keep them in step.
>
> I don't expect all the issues to be enumerated (generally, they would be
> found the first time someone falls over the issue), but where known
> interaction issues exist, we need to have some place to leave them.

I was prompted to ask this because it seemed to me that some of the
issues were discussed in other parts of the text or in other patches
as well as in `issues'.

> There are plenty of examples where known issues are documented somewhere
> in the xen-devel archives, or in an individuals head, and neither of
> these are useful places for the information to exist.

I agree with this.  I think things should be in the tree, but once.

Ian.