Re: [Xen-devel] Kbuild and Kconfig

Hi,

At 12:50 -0500 on 02 Sep (1441198200), Doug Goldstein wrote:
> I just wanted to bring this to a top level post since Jonathan Creekmore
> and myself have talked with a few maintainers in different threads and
> on IRC about potentially using Kconfig and/or Kbuild for Xen.

If we're going to need a configure step before building the
hypervisor, maybe we should consider using the autoconf runes instead.

I'm one of the people who objected to requiring ./configure before
building the hypervisor, but I think it would be better than having
_two_ config systems which are not synced with each other, esp. if
we'll want to enable/disable features with matching tools-side code.

If we do go this way, I think we'd need a ./configure --hypervisor-only,
or similar, that _only_ makes the various CONFIG_ flags, and doesn't
do the tedious library & compiler checks that are needed for the
user-space code.

Cheers,

Tim.