Re: [Xen-devel] Commit moratorium

On Fri, Sep 04, 2015 at 01:44:24AM -0600, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > Xen tree is going to branch at 4.6 RC3. I don't want to branch when
> > master != staging, so please avoid committing new patches to staging now
> > to let master catch up with staging. Another announcement will be made
> > when the moratorium is lifted.
>
> Hmm, I think you will want to wait for a fix for the ARM64 regression
> Julien reported before cutting RC3.

That was reported after I made this announcement.

Judging from the conversation in that thread we already have an idea
what was broken.  Is the fix going to be complex?

I think we can make the decision whether to wait for it based on it's
complexity.

If we're sure it's not going to be too invasive, it doesn't matter if
it's committed before or after branching because the cost of applying
that to two trees would be minimum. Another thing I consider is that we
want OSSTest to have a push over the weekend. With both considerations
in mind, it would be OK if a simple patch gets committed today.

Wei.