Re: [Xen-devel] Linux 4.1 reports wrong number of pages to toolstack

>>> On 04.09.15 at 10:53, <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have set the adhoc bisector working on the ~200 commits between rc3 and
> rc4. It's running in the Citrix instance (which is quieter) so the interim
> results are only visible within our network at http://osstest.xs.citrite.ne
> t/~osstest/testlogs/results-adhoc/bisect/xen-unstable/test-amd64-i386
> -xl..html.
>
> So far it has confirmed the basis fail and it is now rechecking the basis
> pass.
>
> Slightly strange though is:
> $ git log --oneline v3.19-rc3..v3.19-rc4 -- drivers/xen/ arch/x86/xen/
> include/xen/
> $
>
> i.e. there are no relevant seeming xen commits in that range. Maybe the
> last one of this is more relevant?
>
> $ git log --grep=[xX][eE][nN] --oneline v3.19-rc3..v3.19-rc4 --
> bdec419 Merge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net
> 07ff890 xen-netback: fixing the propagation of the transmit shaper timeout
> 132978b x86: Fix step size adjustment during initial memory mapping
> $

So if I'm interpreting the graph right it was indeed the last of these
which got fingered, which is mine. Yet having looked at it in close
detail just now again I can't see it to be wrong, or even have an
effect on post-boot state: All it does is adjust the block sizes in
which the 1:1 mapping gets established. The final result ought to
still be the same (with - obviously - the exception of which pages
may get used for page tables). No change to any global variables
afaics.

Jan