Re: [Xen-devel] Xen-unstable: Keyboard doesn't seem to work when using VNC to HVM with qemu-xen device model.

> On Sun, Sep 06, 2015 at 12:46:01PM +0200, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Today i noticed that keyboard doesn't work when using VNC on a HVM guest
>> which runs under qemu-xen device-model.
>> Mouse still works with usbdevice='tablet', but keypress show no response
>> what so ever.
>>
>> Unfortunately i'm on a tight time budget the next few weeks, so i just
>> switched to device_model_version='qemu-xen-traditional (with the same
>> config) and there all is fine.
>>
>> This is on a xen-unstable of about 2 weeks ago, since i don't have time to
>> reply, and xen is already in the RC's hopefully someone else can re-test and
>> have a look.
>>

> I just tried staging branch, keyboard worked. My guest is a my usual
> test guest which has Debian install. Note that I don't run desktop
> environment in that guest.

> I fail to see what changes in recent weeks could affect QEMU VNC
> keyboard.

> Wei.

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Sander

Ok perhaps it's something special on my install then guest was linux console
(clonezilla). Unfortunatly no time to retest any time soon, but since it works
for you it will probably work for most installs :) thanks for testing.

--
Sander