[Xen-devel] Fwd: Question about the status of vNUMA in Xen

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Wei Liu <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2015å9æ7æåä äå6:23
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Question about the status of vNUMA in Xen
To: çæç <qingtiangan@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Sun, Sep 06, 2015 at 03:03:13PM +0800, çæç wrote:
> I'm a master student from Huazhong University of Science & technology,
> China. I'm now researching on Xen optimization under NUMA. I'm puzzled
> that if vNUMA on HVM is enbaded in Xen or not. If yes, which version of
> xen support it?

Upcoming Xen 4.6 supports vNUMA for HVM guest, with certain limitations.

> So far, I have read the Xen NUMA Roadmap page and watched the
> video about vNUMA in Xen on Youtube. I have known that some work
> has been done for vNUMA in Xen. Since my benchmark result show a
> great improvement in Xen-4.5.1 when compared with Xen-4.0.1. I'm
> puzzled if vNUMA has contributed to that improvement.

No. That's mostly due to other improvements.

Wei.

Iâm sorry that I didnât express clearly in the last mail. What I want to know is

that how much the NUMA optimizations (including NUMA-aware VM placement,

NUMA-aware scheduling and vNUMA)Â contribute to the improvement

between xen-4.5.1 and xen-4.0.1. Surely it may also due to other changes.

Thanks!