Re: [Xen-devel] AMD Radeon 7970 passthrough on XEN 4.4.3 with an AMD FX-8350/Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 *HORROR*

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 4:21 PM, NiX <nix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This issue occur also on Win10 though the upgrade fixed all the other
> issues I encountered.
>

>> Do you happen to have a serial console available, so you could capture the
>> crash/error messages from Xen and/or dom0 Linux kernel?
>>
>> SOL (Serial-Over-LAN) works too, if you have Intel AMT, IPMI, or other
>> BMC..
>>

> Not regular MB's such the one mentioned in the topic has such a feature.
>
> PS. Is not XEN-DEVEL team able to code in XEN kernel such feature it
> captures kernel log somewhere before panic occurs or whatever the reason
> is? It is loading before actual kernel so I think it is possible.

Xen, by design, has no disk or network drivers.  Where do you propose
it should log this information?

You can buy a cheap PCI serial card.

There are two reasons VGA pass-through is often frustrating. One is
that graphics cards companies do all kinds of clever tricks that make
virtualizing them a nightmare.

But the second is that VGA pass-through, in the general case, is not a
feature which is commercially important to most of the large companies
working on Xen.  It is, therefore, very much a community project --
people like you who "scratch their own itch", as it were.  The best
way you can help the situation is to contribute to make things better.

 -George