Re: [Xen-devel] [OSSTest Nested v12 19/21] Selecthost uses dynamic IP address if the host is not configured static IP.

Robert Ho writes ("[OSSTest Nested v12 19/21] Selecthost uses dynamic IP
address if the host is not configured static IP."):
> In this patch
> 1. in check_ip(), we change $lstash to use {Name} key-value, rather
> than {Guest}, because {Name} is both usable by $ho and $gho hash.
> 2. $ho->{Ether} assignment: if configured in host property, good, use
> it; otherwise, try to see if runvar has the assignment (this is the
> case of nested test).

I am going to drop this patch from my v14 of the nested HVM tests
series.

This is not because this change is valueless.  But, in the context of
my other changes, it is no longer needed for supporting L1 guests: L1
guests do not any longer run through the code path that this patch
modifies.

This patch might still be valuable in the future to support physical
hosts without static IP addresses.  But AFAIAA none of our
environments have such things and dropping this patch will avoid me
having to review this code.

It will also avoid anyone having to test it.

Ian.