Re: [Xen-devel] unknown gpa read address error for GICv3 re-distributor register access.

On 28/09/15 11:24, Shameerali Kolothum Thodi wrote:
>>> I am working on enabling Xen on our HIPO5
>>> board(http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-users/2015-
>> 07/msg0
>>> 0090.html)
>>>
>>> Since the board has got GIC/ITS, tried this ITS  patch series
>> (https://github.com/vijaykilari/its_v6/commits/stating_its_v6).
>>
>> The ITS series is not upstream and unless your PCI device can't work
>> without MSI I would advise you to first boot Xen and DOM0 without ITS.
>> Once you have a working base, you can add the ITS series.
>>
>> Although, use the latest version i.e v7:
>> https://github.com/vijaykilari/its_v6/tree/staging_its_v7.
>
> Sure. But I think as you mentioned below this is not related to ITS patch.

Well, we are not free from an other error in the GICv3 code ;).

>>> The board has got 16 cores. The dts file for the GIC is as below.
>>>

>>>          gic: interrupt-controller@8d000000 {
>>>                  compatible = "hisilicon,gic-v3";
>>
>> This compatible string is not supported by Xen and below your log shows
>> that your tree is dirty. What's the difference between staging and your
>> tree?
>>
>>>                  #interrupt-cells = <3>;
>>>                  #address-cells = <2>;
>>>                  #size-cells = <2>;
>>>                  ranges;
>>>                  interrupt-controller;
>>>                  #redistributor-regions = <1>;
>>>                  redistributor-stride = <0x0 0x30000>;
>>
>> The GICv3 driver reads an 32 byte value for this field. It seems to be
>> a mistake in our implementation (will send a patch for it).
>
> Sorry, forgot to mention, I have the compatible string changes and stride
> size 64 changes in the xen code.

Can you send the patch to fix the stride size change? As it should be
fairly small, we may be able to get this into Xen 4.6.

I'm not sure it will be the case for the other bug.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall