Re: [Xen-devel] Unable to use EFI firmware in Xen ARM guest after 41f8901

On 1 Oct 2015 17:07, "Ard Biesheuvel" <ard.biesheuvel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 1 October 2015 at 17:58, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We tried today to use the UEFI binary provided by Linaro for Xen [1] and
> > noticed the guest doesn't boot anymore.
> >

> Thanks for reporting. My LAVA job appears to have been offline for a
> while because the Xen mustang dom0 kernel has disappeared.

FWIW, everything to support X-gene and Xen should be upstreamed.
So you could use a normal Linux for Dom0.

FIY, Im planning to add a test in our CI loop to check the UEFI firmware.

> > My bisector fingered the commit 41f890164bc201f69841309c6b55e24c64121960
> > "ArmPkg/Mmu: Fix literal number left shift bug".
> >

> Do you mean reverting just this patch fixes it for you?

Yes, building the UEFI with the commit just before allows me to reach the UEFI console.

> > I've tried to use the DEBUG firmware but didn't get any output at all.
> >
> > The guest has been created with 512MB in one memory bank
> > (0x40000000-0x60000000). The binary are loaded at:
> >Â Â UEFI firmware: 0x40080000
> >Â Â DTB: 0x48000000
> >
> > Does anyone have any insight what could go wrong?
> >

> I will investigate. The change itself seems obviously correct (but
> don't they always :-))

Thank you!

Regards,