Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: change to 6 months release cycle

On Tue, Oct 06, 2015 at 07:03:28AM -0600, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > FWIW current scheme (last 3 releases as stable releases) means a release
> > is supported for at least 27 months (well, let's forget about the
> > possibility of releasing a version earlier than expected for now because
> > it never happened before).
>
> Where did you find that? My understanding of the current scheme is
> that we generally support branches for 18 months (plus another 18
> security-only), which normally results in a wrap up release on the
> oldest maintained branch once its second successor went out.

I was going to say I saw that in
http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_Project_Maintenance_Releases
but it turned out I misremembered.

Now you point out this is wrong.  Thanks for correcting.

So the correct term is:

Stable releases are supported fully for 18 months plus another 18 months
of security update.

I will need to rectify the other email I send.

Wei.