Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: LTS and stable release scheme

On 08/10/15 09:05, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> It has so far been assumed in this discussion that this would be an
>> undue burden, and therefore not acceptable.
>
> I don't think anyone said "undue". All that was said was that the
> amount of work to be put into this increases.

I think it's worth saying that the amount of effort it takes to make
maintenance releases -- in particular, the amount of tedious busy work
for you -- is a first-order consideration in this, particularly as you
don't see any value in the change.  It is certainly not reasonable for
everyone who is not directly affected to vote to give you more work, and
it would be perfectly reasonable for you to say that if we went to a
6-month release cycle, others would have to share (or take) the burden
of doing that busy-work.

 -George