Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC OSSTEST v2] ap-fetch-*: Support $AP_FETCH_PLACEHOLDERS envvar which outputs a placeholder

Ian Campbell writes ("[RFC OSSTEST v2] ap-fetch-*: Support
$AP_FETCH_PLACEHOLDERS envvar which outputs a placeholder"):
> Still RFC because of these sqlite errors
>
>     DBD::SQLite::db do failed: UNIQUE constraint failed: jobs.flight,
> jobs.job [for Statement "        INSERT INTO jobs VALUES
> (?,'build-i386-xsm','build','queued')

After having tried to repro this without success, and discussed
various implausible theories, we think this error is due to the
following:

You ran ./standalone-generate-dump-flight-runvars but then realised
you wanted to restart it.  So you pressed ^C.  But this does not
actually kill all the children (this is indeed a problem with this
script).  You then reran the script.  Now it is racing with other
copies of make-flight, cs-job-create, etc., which can create the same
jobs in the same flights as your current run.

>     DBD::SQLite::db do failed: database is locked [for Statement " DELETE
> FROM runvars WHERE flight = ?  "] at Osstest/JobDB/Standalone.pm line 67.
>     DBD::SQLite::db do failed: database is locked [for Statement " DELETE
> FROM runvars WHERE flight = ?  "] at Osstest/JobDB/Standalone.pm line 67.

And we think this is while you were trying to solve these problems by
setting the timeout, which you say you tried setting to zero in the
belief (justified by documentation but not apparently true) that that
means `infinite'.

> Which consistently take out the use of
> standalone-generate-dump-flight-runvars with this patch. I think
> probably because ap-fetch-* now complete instantly which makes the
> standalone-generate-dump-flight-runvars far more thunderous on the
> DB.

In any case, I have tried this several times both with and without
eatmydata and it seems to work fine for me.

I may prepare a patch to make standalone-generate-dump-flight-runvars
handle ^C properly.

Ian.