Re: [Xen-devel] [Qemu-devel] Question about xen disk unplug support for ahci missed in qemu

Am 16.10.2015 um 16:24 hat Paul Durrant geschrieben:

Why only IDE and xendisk then? Maybe I have an OS that works great with
AHCI, or virtio-blk, or an LSI SCSI controller, or a Megasas SCSI
controller, or USB sticks, or... (and IDE will hardly ever be the
optimal one)

What about network cards? My OS might support the Xen PV one, or it
might support rtl8139, or e1000, or virtio-net, or pcnet, or...

Should we always put all of the hardware that can possibly be emulated
in a VM just so that the one right device is definitely included even
though we don't know what OS will be running?

This is ridiculous.

Just tell your admin what virtual hardware you really need. (Or tell
them to give you a proper interface to configure your VMs yourself.)

Kevin