Re: [Xen-devel] Dom0 kernel for Xen4.6 on R-Car H2 (LAGER)

Hi,

On 20/10/2015 12:23, Ferger, Max wrote:
One step closer, thanks again!

Removing the incompatible PCI/USB devices lets Xen boot somewhat further.

Here is the (significant) difference in log output, the full new one is
appended.

I've back traced the trap message from traps.c +2447:
None of the explicit 'goto bad_data_abort;' calls is responsible, but a fall
through via traps.c +2444.

+(XEN) traps.c:2447:d0v0 HSR=0x93830007 pc=0xc001e398 gva=0xe7804060
gpa=0x000000e6160060

This traps likely means that DOM0 is trying to access a region which is not mapped in stage-2.

In the log GPA is the physical address expected. You can give a look to
the datasheet of your platform to find the corresponding region.

Looking to this GPA, it's used in arch/arm/mach-shmobile/setup-rcar-gen2.c to read the mode pins and the region is not described in the DT. You will have to map it manually in Xen. Give a look to how it's done for omap5 (see omap5_specific_mapping).

BTW, I got confirmation by a person working on this board that there may be more regions not described in DT. Although, I don't know all of them :(.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall