[Xen-devel] XSA-152 follow-up: log levels for guest related messages

  • To: "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 07:51:01 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 13:51:13 +0000

All,

in the course of auditing other code in the context of that
security issue my attention was caught by the various printk()s
issued by domain_crash() or around and alike. Within the security
team we discussed this and decided that a few not rate limited
messages per second (resulting from a possibly auto-restarting
guest) are not really a security issue, yet I still wanted to bring
this up for wider discussion: Would any such printk()s better use
a guest log level, thus making them rate limited by default?

Thanks for opinions,
Jan