Re: [Xen-devel] [VOTE] Release cycle scheme

On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 11:24:59AM +0000, Lars Kurth wrote:

> >> -1 overall (the different points would get different ratings
> >> individually)
> >>

> >For the record, Jan and I had a conversation on IRC. This -1 was cast on
> >-2...+2 scale and he changed it to -0 (against but non-blocking) to fit
> >in our governance.
> >
> >Wei.
>
> It appears then, that we have a consensus and all stake-holders have
> voted. I think in future, it may be good to paste snippets of clarifying
> IRC conversation into the mail thread.

That conversation was a bit long to paste in so I just stated the
conclusion.

> I was wondering, whether the dates you marked you proposed in "RFC: change
> to 6 months release cycle" (see
> http://markmail.org/message/hcp4wifaybk4vtkk#query:+page:1+mid:veqxur64wrwi
> ni73+state:results for entire conversation) with release dates at the
> beginning of June and December according to the new scheme hold (meaning
> that the 4.7 release will follow a 6+2 month cycle or probably more along
> the lines of 5.5+2.5), or whether maybe we gradually move to the new
> scheme over two releases (4.7 and 4.8 to follow 5+2 and subsequently 4+2).
> No strong opinion, just something I'd like to know.

Most people agreed the fixed date arrangement is a good idea, so I would
go for end of March cut-off date.

> We should probably also write a blog post and update/create information on
> the wiki. Am willing to volunteer to put the latter together.

As for blog post, I will try to come up with something after I finish my
email to xen-devel.

--
Wei.