Re: [Xen-devel] Runtime services support for Xen on ARM

CC'ing xen-devel and Jan

On Tue, 10 Nov 2015, Shannon Zhao wrote:
> Hi Stefano,
>
> I'm working on adding Runtime services support at Xen side. Most of work
> is adding the ARM part in xen/common/efi/runtime.c.
>
> There is one problem which block me. That is how to implement
> efi_rs_enter() and efi_rs_leave() for ARM, since I think current
> implementation is x86 specific and won't work on ARM. Also the rtc_lock.
>
> Could you give some suggestion? Thanks!

efi_rs_enter() and efi_rs_leave() look very PV x86 specific. It is
possible that we don't actually need to do anything at all on ARM, aside
from refactoring the code. Jan?

Similarly we don't have an rtc_lock spinlock today and it is not
actually needed, but for the sake of keeping the common code common, I
would just introduce rtc_lock on ARM too.