Re: [Xen-devel] Question about Xen serial console on non-standard PCI serial ports

Hi Andrew,

>> *** The command line I used for xen image is***
>> dom0_mem=8192M,max:8192M dom0_max_vcpus=8 sched=credit
>> com5=115200,8n1,0xf010,50  console=com5,vga
>
> Xen doesn't have a com5 command line option.

I see.

> You probably want
>
> com1=115200,8n1,pci
>
> as you can make no guarantees about the BDF or IO base remaining
> consistent across reboots.

I see. If I only configure com1 as you suggested, it works as well.
(Maybe it  just happened to work with the previous setting I had.)

So the following xen command line works:
placeholder dom0_mem=8192M,max:8192M dom0_max_vcpus=8 sched=credit
com1=115200,8n1,pci console=com1,vga

Thank you again for your help!

Best regards,

Meng