Re: [Xen-devel] Question about Xen reboot on panic

On 11/11/2015 22:49, Meng Xu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to work remotely with the machine I have. So I want Xen
> automatically reboot if it experiences a panic.
>
> When Xen panic, it says " Reboot in five seconds...". However, it does
> not reboot. :-(
>
> *** The xen boot command line on my machine is ***
> multiboot   /boot/xen-4.6-unstable.gz placeholder
> dom0_mem=8192M,max:8192M dom0_max_vcpus=8 sched=credit
> com1=115200,8n1,pci console=com1,vga reboot=k panic=2 panic_on_oops=1

Xen has no panic= or panic_on_oops= command line options.

Please read the command line
documentation(http://xenbits.xen.org/docs/unstable/misc/xen-command-line.html).
It is written and kept up to date for a reason.

Furthermore, you are force-overriding the normal reboot path with the
keyboard controller.  You shouldn't need to do this unless you have some
very wonky firmware.

Finally, I can't tell from your paste below, but ensure that you are
always using a debug hypervisor.

~Andrew