Re: [Xen-devel] Current LibXL Status

On 19/11/15 09:20, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-11-18 at 18:32 +0000, Martin Osterloh wrote:
>
>> I wanted to inquire about the current state of LibXL and in particular
>> if there are any issues with using it in long-running processes.
> It is currently being used by libvirtd which I think has shaken out most of
> the issues with that environment.
>
> There are certain to be other bugs, but nothing show-stopping.

There really is a show-stopper, which I have stated before.

Languages such as OCaml use -ENOMEM as a hint to run the garbage
collector some more.  I expect Haskell is the same.

It is not appropriate for libxl (or any library for that matter) to use
exit() as its method of resolving out-of-memory conditions.

~Andrew