Re: [Xen-devel] [Intel-gfx] [Announcement] 2015-Q3 release of XenGT - a Mediated Graphics Passthrough Solution from Intel

On 19/11/2015 09:40, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>> > But this code should be
>> > minor to be maintained in libvirt.
> As far I know libvirt only needs to discover those devices.  If they
> look like sr/iov devices in sysfs this might work without any changes to
> libvirt.

I don't think they will look like SR/IOV devices.

The interface may look a little like the sysfs interface that GVT-g is
already using.  However, it should at least be extended to support
multiple vGPUs in a single VM.  This might not be possible for Intel
integrated graphics, but it should definitely be possible for discrete
graphics cards.

Another nit is that the VM id should probably be replaced by a UUID
(because it's too easy to stumble on an existing VM id), assuming a VM
id is needed at all.

Paolo